This Webinar is designed to provide beginning and experienced restaurateurs the essential knowledge needed to better understand and manage their financials. The 60-minute webinar will focus on practical aspects of understanding and using the three most important financial reports in any business - income statement, balance sheet and cash flow. The Webinar will also cover key information needed to forecast future revenues, expenses and cash flow.
Topics covered will be:
- Understanding the 'Big 3' financial statements and key terms
- How to use historical financial information to forecast future revenues and profits
- Industry benchmarks for key ratios like gross profit margin, net income, etc.
- Understanding food costing and how to improve profit margins
- Learn proven strategies to maximize cash flow
- Interactive Q+A for individual questions
Presented by Paul Bozzo, Business Advisor for the SBDC Finance Center.
Paul has more than 25 years of professional experience working with start-ups on debt and equity funding, business planning, financial analysis and start-up strategy.
As an SBDC advisor, Paul’s specialty is working with entrepreneurial ventures to refine their business model, create an investment-driven business plan, develop credible financial projections and prepare an effective investor pitch. He also advises founding teams on common start-up issues such as legal entity selection, intellectual property, financial accounting and go-to-market strategy.
Paul has a Bachelors of Science in Information Systems and MBA with a concentration in Finance.